A blog about skating...from the view of an adult skater. Sometimes I'll write about my own skating journey or about my adventures on my Synchronized Skating team. Other times, I'll write about my own observations as the Ice Monitor at the Ice Rink where I skate. And still other times, I'll write about skating in general, Team USA, the Olympics, or other skating. For now, the names of the coaches and students at the Rink are pseudonymns, but if you know my rink, you'll quickly recognize who is who.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Spins are centered!

My spins are back! They are consistently centered and although they aren't very fast, they are centered and solid and I am very very pleased. THis is the best they have been since before I stopped skating back in 2000. I'm so glad to be finally making progress again.

Today i skated for 45 minutes this morning, walked a mile this afternoon, did some off-ice training outside and then skated again for an hour this afternoon. I'm really very happy with how it went. I just feel more like myself on the ice lately and i'm sure that having my skate situation all figured out is helping as well. I'm just really happy with how i'm skating, even if i'm embarassed if other people see me. I still feel fat and akward on the ice, but at least i'm skating better.

Robin got new skates today. So there's more drama of course. But her coach said "I only give my skaters 15 minutes to break in new skates". Really? 15 minutes? Seriously? 15 minutes to break in a new pair of skates to the point that you can jump and spin properly? I don't think so. Seriously I think Janice is wackadoodle. And that might be putting it nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment