A blog about skating...from the view of an adult skater. Sometimes I'll write about my own skating journey or about my adventures on my Synchronized Skating team. Other times, I'll write about my own observations as the Ice Monitor at the Ice Rink where I skate. And still other times, I'll write about skating in general, Team USA, the Olympics, or other skating. For now, the names of the coaches and students at the Rink are pseudonymns, but if you know my rink, you'll quickly recognize who is who.

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fewer 4 ams!

I'm going to be getting  up at 4am less now that the class session is starting! Kensie and I are splitting the early days. This is great!

Afternoons here at the rinka re a complete madhouse though...it's like rush hour hits here about 2 hours befoer it hits anywhere else. The ice is full of kids, and while 15 might not sound like  a lot of people when they are spinning and jumping and doing footwork it's a lot of traffic.

I only skated in the afternoon today, and noticed a difference in my energy level from my usual twice a day schedule. However, i'm really glad to have gotten to sleep late, so I'm definitely not complaining.

Robin however, is doing a lot of complaining and excuse making. While i'm sure a certain degree of her issue is her skates and her feet, I'm convinced that she is actually frightened of her double axel and the less she does it, the happier she is. Her inability to commit to her work really frustrates me, but the way her coach handles it frustrates me even more.  I just can't believe that yelling and throwing guilt at a kid is going to make them skate harder. It makes them resent their skating and resent their coaches.

No comments:

Post a Comment