A blog about skating...from the view of an adult skater. Sometimes I'll write about my own skating journey or about my adventures on my Synchronized Skating team. Other times, I'll write about my own observations as the Ice Monitor at the Ice Rink where I skate. And still other times, I'll write about skating in general, Team USA, the Olympics, or other skating. For now, the names of the coaches and students at the Rink are pseudonymns, but if you know my rink, you'll quickly recognize who is who.

Friday, September 3, 2010

3 hours?

I accidentally skated for 3 hours today. It's so easy to skate longer when you're skating with a buddy and you're both working on stuff-- even if it's not the same stuff. Kensie and I both had lessons with Karen today and since no one was here to use the ice, she and i both skated for most of the entire session. It was great! It was fun to skate with another person and to work on synchro stuff that i've been struggling with alone. My lesson also really went well, which was a blessing. I feel like I finally have grown comfortable in my new skates and have figured out how to lace them comfortably and everything. SO...yay! now just to get my spins centered again... and that's even coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment