A blog about skating...from the view of an adult skater. Sometimes I'll write about my own skating journey or about my adventures on my Synchronized Skating team. Other times, I'll write about my own observations as the Ice Monitor at the Ice Rink where I skate. And still other times, I'll write about skating in general, Team USA, the Olympics, or other skating. For now, the names of the coaches and students at the Rink are pseudonymns, but if you know my rink, you'll quickly recognize who is who.

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Ice Drama

So this morning when I arrived at the rink there was major ice drama. The dehumidifier had been off all night and the ice surface was a disaster. Besides the fact that it was foggy and littered with candy, hair ties, garbage and other such junk, there were also humidity stalagmites forming on a whole section of the ice. It was not a safe ice surface and so we had to switch rinks and then call the ice guy so he had a heads up. By the afternoon sessions it was solved, but it was drama i was not prepared for.

As far as my own skating, things are improving every day. My spins are much much better today. I'm starting to center them more consistently, however its only when i do it coming out of a right outside 3 turn and then pushing to my entrance. When I try to do my entrance out of cross overs i am off center every time. I need to figure out why this is exactly. Otherwise, they are getting "back to normal" to some extent.

Robin was a terror today. Janice wasn't here today, therefore she didn't feel she had to work or listen or do anything that Janice had told me to do with her. It was very annoying. But at the end of the day, i'm not the kid's coach and therefore i just can't care that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment